Seoul Neighborhoods • Namsan

Author: Parent     Date pictures taken: October 2004     City: Seoul     Country: Korea      Pictures Attached: 3     Pictures License: Copyrighted Free Use - Requires Attribution - Allows Commercial Reuse and Derivative Works     Neighborhood Type: Seoul Park

Namsan Pictures

by Parent on Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:04 am

A few pictures taken from the Namsan observatory in early october 2004.

Picture of Namsan neighborhood, Seoul City, Korea, October 2004 by Parent (Seoul Park) Looking north. View of jung-gu and jongno-gu. (390.07 KB) Photo viewed 544 times
Pic. 1. Looking north. View of jung-gu and jongno-gu. View photo in original size (1022x556 pixels).

Picture of Namsan neighborhood, Seoul City, Korea, October 2004 by Parent (Seoul Park) Looking north-east towards dongdaemun-gu and in the far distance jongnang-gu. (371.03 KB) Photo viewed 545 times
Pic. 2. Looking north-east towards dongdaemun-gu and in the far distance jongnang-gu. View photo in original size (1022x479 pixels).

Picture of Namsan neighborhood, Seoul City, Korea, October 2004 by Parent (Seoul Park) Looking south: Yongsan-gu in the foreground and Gangnam-gu in the background. (145.54 KB) Photo viewed 684 times
Pic. 3. Looking south: Yongsan-gu in the foreground and Gangnam-gu in the background. View photo in original size (1005x528 pixels).

Map of Namsan neighborhood.

Map of Namsan. Pictures by Parent within 4 kilometers of Namsan Neighborhood.

Neighborhoods Nearby Namsan - Pictures by Parent

Myeongdong Neighborhood by Parent. This is the first set of photographs I took with my Canon on a Sunday afternoon on May 23rd 2004 just one week after buying it. No better place to start than Myeongdong -- my favourite shopping.. Distance from Namsan: 1.2km NNW, 17 pictures.

Myeongdong Neighborhood by Parent. Myeongdong is the sino-korean pronunciation of the hanja 明洞, which means bright district. 明 in chinese is pronounced Ming and is the same character as the one used for the Ming.. Distance from Namsan: 1.2km NNW, 21 pictures.

Seoul Station Neighborhood by Parent. I have only one picture of this neighborhood unfortunately -- taken in July 2004 when zooming by on my.. Distance from Namsan: 1.5km NWW, 1 pictures.

City Hall Neighborhood by Parent. A few pictures taken nearby the Seoul City.. Distance from Namsan: 1.8km NNW, 6 pictures.

Itaewon Neighborhood by Parent. Maybe the best adjective to describe the Itaewon neighborhood is 'bizarre'. Itaewon is a market and entertain district bordered by Hannam-dong (a very rich residential area) to the north-east, the Yongsan U.S. Army base to the.. Distance from Namsan: 1.9km S, 37 pictures.

Jongno Neighborhood by Parent. A few pics of the Jongno/Gwancheoldong neighborhood taken at the end of the 2004.. Distance from Namsan: 2km N, 15 pictures.

Jongno Neighborhood by Parent. A few pics taken in the Jongno area -- Jongno means the bell street and is perpendicular to the Cheongye stream. Jongno can also mean the Gwancheoldong district, which is a very lively entertainment distict in between Jongno.. Distance from Namsan: 2km N, 10 pictures.